AVALANCHERS Forum Index

<  AVALANCHERS Discussion Board  ~  Alaska is BeautifulReply to topic    {L_POST_
NEW_TOPIC}
DarkerSkiesBurn
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:17 am  Reply with quote
Alaskan Avalancher

So I've been here for almost three months now and have run into no less than 2 Jesu fans which to me is just incredible.
The mountains are breathtaking, the sunsets are sublime and the summer is almost here. I will say that I had an epiphany since my arrival.
Trying to bring my experience as an electrician up here has been the most bureaucratic, up-hill, red tape tangled battle. I've met hairdressers who've had a hell of a time going through the motions of permits and forms and what not.
Point being this, if you can lay pipe, cut hair, wire a building, fix a faucet or any other skilled or non skilled thing, you'll be damned if you try and copy and paste your ass here. Everything is regulated and strictly adhered to. Maybe that's everywhere but KY but damn, I should have done my research.
I just don't see how the states are united.
Anyway, I have to start at the base lever electrical apprentice here now but that's all right. The union seems to run a pretty good gig here.
In the meantime I'm going to be working on one of the passenger trains this summer apparently making (bank) and getting to see much more of Alaska.
It's really a beautiful state and I highly recommend checking it out during the summer. The only thing Anchorage has to offer sadly is a bunch of bars and shitty drunks.
This Is the worlds biggest high school. Everyone knows everyone's business; who fucks who, what a person likes to do et cetera.
Not a very introverted place but during the day there are plenty of nice eateries and local art places (Fuck why would you bring a newborn to a library)

I have to go, when I get set up, any of you guys feel like a visit, I should have my own place.
Hope everyone's well.
BassTotem
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:59 am  Reply with quote

What about coffee shops? Having any weed tourism from Canada/Asia? Smile

DarkerSkiesBurn
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:37 am  Reply with quote
Alaskan Avalancher

I'm not sure about the coffee shops but I did see a flyer advertising for delivery. Not sure if that's legal. Technically it is legal here but its taboo. You can't have over a certain amount on you in public and if you're caught with multiple bags you can be arrested and prosecuted for distribution.
you can smoke in your home, not in public places and that's weird because of the openness to drinking. If you're passed out drunk on the sidewalk or in the road, the cops will call Anchorage Safety Patrol to come pick you up and take you to sleep it off, no charges.

So pot is legal, its just still illegal to have (certain quantities), smoke (in plain view/public), and sell it.
golem
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:18 am  Reply with quote

sounds kool man :=) would love to come over one day!

www.myspace.com/proudpilot
yourenotevil
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:38 pm  Reply with quote

i think what you said about weed pretty much goes for every state has legalized it for recreational use. oregon is about to join this list in the summer. you can go into the stores that sell it if you are 21, but unlike Amsterdam you don't get the "coffee shop" experience of smoking it in a designated public place in view of people. you can smoke it in the privacy of your home and that is pretty much it. if you drive high, the cops can give you a DUI or DWI. if you smoke it in public, you are looking at a ticket and fine as opposed to the past where you actually had to go to court and go in front of a judge. i remember reading colorado was trying to have "smoking clubs" legalized, but i am not sure if it ever got off the ground as their was a lot of red tape involved. i know WA legalized it, but the liquor board controls who gets the ability to sell it and they fucked it up royally. and cities/counties still had the ability to have the final say if they allowed a shop to sell in their district.