AVALANCHERS Forum Index

<  AVALANCHERS Discussion Board  ~  Pure II - final or fleshReply to topic    {L_POST_
NEW_TOPIC}
Jamie Oliver
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:31 am  Reply with quote
spooning leads to forking

Alright chaps and chapettes!

You know the long yawwwwny drawn out tune at the end of pure - pure II. This tune is more in touch with Final than Godflesh, why did it make the cut on pure. Seems like someone was slapped over the head with too many 'brown and forrest' smoked eels whilst eating some suspect shellfish that you wouldn't even serve up to your worst enemy - know what I mean. I'm going to scratch it off my pure cd, but before doing that I'll burn it and add it to the final part of my collection.

Ciao xxx,
Jamie

PS - buy some of my jamie oliver tefal products & cook something for the ones you love Wink

blipseed
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:06 am  Reply with quote
At least I have nice teeth?

Jamie, if you don't mind me asking, how do you get your hair to stay in that crazy big spiky way? I've tried wax, gel, even jizz after watching There's Something About Mary, but can't seem to get it like yours bruvva. Any tips? I really like your hair see.
Jamie Oliver
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:29 am  Reply with quote

Hi Blipseed,

I'll let you in on a little secret. This is maybe something you vegetarians would want to skip but for all the others you'll love it! Buy the best quality pork you can get your hands on, the fattier the better Idea Now cook it in the oven with anything you like, but I love it with some fennel. Once your pork is cooked retain all those lovely fat and juices. Now Blipseed, I'm sure you may want to reuse this fat/juices to fry up some fish finger butties, but hold off! Get a clean saucepan and heat up the juices. It will get nice and hot, once it's quite flowy get some muslin or failing that a fine strainer and pour it into another clean container. Add rosewater, I find 1 tsp per 100ml of fat/juice is a good amount to make it quite sweet smelling and you loose that meaty smell. Voila! Now you have some of the finest hair gel you can find. You know whats even better about it, you can tell everyone you made it yourself.

If you have heaps of fat/juice left over, put some aside and you can fry those fish finger butties, I'm sure you love those?

Anyone got any answers to me original question?

Ciao fellas xxx,
Jamie

blipseed
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:59 am  Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Jamie, that was very wicked of you. And I do enjoy a nice fish finger sarnie, so good times all round.

I'd also just like to say how much I admire the fact that you persist in playing that drum kit of yours on TV all the time despite the fact that an orangutan with cerebral palsy would be able to keep better time. It's a real show of that loveable cockney twit spirit that we all love so much about you. And also fair play to you for putting up with that Jools one. Jesus I'd have tied a four stone bag of spuds to the moany bitch and thrown her in the Thames by now if I were you.
JMA689
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:24 am  Reply with quote
mode-wataaaaa

Quote:
This tune is more in touch with Final than Godflesh, why did it make the cut on pure.

It made the cut on Pure, because they (justin and benny) did the fuck they wanted at the time. And I think it's great. I don't see why they would limit godflesh to whatever. It made perfect sense at the time when they released Pure.
Limiting a band to a genre or a type of songs is retarded. That's this mentality that killed the band in the first place. Or else, 'Jesu' or 'Heartache' could have been released under the GF moniker.
How about "Go spread your wings" on Selfless? are you only going to scratch the intro and outro, since they sound like Final and keep the middle part since it sounds more like what you think Godflesh should sound? Wink

Mad << man, I love this angry chinese smiley!!

Lemmy Kilmister wrote:
'In my life so far, I have discovered that there are really only two kinds of people: those who are for you, and those who are against you. Learn to recognize them, for they are often and easily mistaken for each other.'
Runabout120
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:29 am  Reply with quote
---

Quote:
This tune is more in touch with Final than Godflesh, why did it make the cut on pure.

Nah, pure II is more in touch with Godflesh than Final for me 'coz it's a fuckin' 20 minutes long "guitar" feedback. I mean Final is just more about the sounds, no guitar anyway right?. Pure II is Pure and Pure is Godflesh and Godflesh is Pure II, aye. Smile
JMA689
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:13 am  Reply with quote
mode-wataaaaa

Quote:
I mean Final is just more about the sounds, no guitar anyway right?

FINAL live:

Last edited by JMA689 on Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lemmy Kilmister wrote:
'In my life so far, I have discovered that there are really only two kinds of people: those who are for you, and those who are against you. Learn to recognize them, for they are often and easily mistaken for each other.'
Gray
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:10 pm  Reply with quote
Wassup

Jamie Oliver!! Classic!!
Monotremata
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:42 pm  Reply with quote
bent on world D.A.R.mination!

Pure II more in touch with Final??

You never saw them on the Pure tour then..

For me one of the best moments of seeing this set was the feedback intros and outros by Broadrick and Hampson..
Godflesh was always about feedback...
And Pure II was its apex..

Songs of Love and Hate tour was pretty similar, here in LA Justin got to go off after Like Rats for about 20-30 minutes.. Had this sick feedback swelling around the room from left to right though people were going to start puking from the volume and motion heh.

Final is something completely different..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Jamie Oliver
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:53 am  Reply with quote

You're all a loveable bunch of lads aren't ya! I was arguing this question last night with me mate Andy, you know Andy? After a couple pints, yeah well he was more along the lines of you guys that Pure II was more than suitable for Godflesh rather than Final. I'll admit I was a bit off the pace, you know it's good to know you're wrong every now and again, kinda like when Gennaro [you know me mate Gennaro, the italian stallion? or better known as my italian dad] showed me the error of my gnocchi making! You know what? Whilst I only knew to boil the potatoes for the gnocchi, he told me to bake the potatoes. Well i'll be damned the old bugger was right! Making the gnocchi with baked rather than boiled potata produced a lighter gnocchi that right melts in your mouth. PUKKA!!!

Thanks for the complements on my drumming Blipseed. I knew we'd made it when Sony signed us up, but the cheffin' was in the way. Who knows? we could've been in the next Coldplay, just think Shocked Loveable Jools, she does drive me a bit around the bend every now and then but she's just lovely! The kids are a bit of a handful though. She's a lovely gal though, I highly recommend reading her book 'Minus Nine to One: Dairy of an honest mum'. With the help from all the celebrity a-listers gal friends coming through Fifteen and inspiring her, she just rocks!

I made up a lovely Squid in tomato, olive and flat leaf parsley dish last night, just fabulous!

Love xxx,
Jum

JMA689
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:03 am  Reply with quote
mode-wataaaaa

Hey Jum, you're not buddy with Michael Winner, are ya?

Lemmy Kilmister wrote:
blipseed
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:06 am  Reply with quote

Well I for one would certainly have bought your album Jamie. I thought it was a disgrace that the record company dropped you simply because they thought you were a rubbish drummer, were far too irritating, and kept spitting at them with that speech impedimant of yours every time you tried to speak. What do they know eh?

Anyway bruv, I was thinking of knocking up a pukka dinner for the trouble and strife tonight, and was wondering if you had any suggestions? I've got a couple of apples (medium to high bruising), a can of alphabetti spaghetti, HP brown sauce and a four pack of country veg cupasoups. I was a bit worried they wouldn't mix very well, but now that you're here thank goodness I'm sure I can come up with some tucka fit for a queen.

Cheers matey!
Jamie Oliver
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:41 pm  Reply with quote

Blipseed, your in strife with that lot aren't ya?

My suggestions with those ingredients, as you no doubt will know I've been having a few problems with the paparazzi over the last couple years, saying I've been shagging waitresses in the toilets in Belgium, etc. [not true jools!]. I'm going to be in sydney next week on wednesday and thursday at the Capitol theatre so freeze those apples. Get down to the theatre and chuck those bloomin' apples and can of spag at the buggers, get stuck in to them good and proper. Once they're stunned rip open those packets of soup mixture and smear it into the pesky fuckers - and tell them Jamie sent me! Wicked if you could do that for me Blipseed!

Now for your dinner, you're an Australian right [i love aussies - but you know your roots, I'm an essex boy and you're a convict Razz ]. Steal all the ingerdients for my amazing recipe that is found here http://www.avalanchers.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=26
See my mid-week dinner! If you can't steal any squid, get it from that lovely harbour you have there. Right, sorted for a dinner fit for a queen, pukka lad!

Love xxx,
Jamie

PS - JMA689 - Michael winner? is he another foodie lad like me, haven't had the pleasure of meeting him.

Bernard
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:45 am  Reply with quote

JMA689 wrote:

It made the cut on Pure, because they (justin and benny) did the fuck they wanted at the time. And I think it's great. I don't see why they would limit godflesh to whatever. It made perfect sense at the time when they released Pure.
Limiting a band to a genre or a type of songs is retarded. That's this mentality that killed the band in the first place. Or else, 'Jesu' or 'Heartache' could have been released under the GF moniker.
How about "Go spread your wings" on Selfless? are you only going to scratch the intro and outro, since they sound like Final and keep the middle part since it sounds more like what you think Godflesh should sound? Wink

You're taking the words out of my mouth jma... Cool

blackmark
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:20 pm  Reply with quote
'Australian Minister for Avalanches'

JMA689 wrote:
Hey Jum, you're not buddy with Michael Winner, are ya?

lol exactly what i was thinking!

pure II is pure class

Meho Krljic
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:36 am  Reply with quote
8===D (x(

Of all this talk I only remember Blipseed saying that he tried putting jizz in his hair. How gay can this board get, I love it!!!! However, he didn't make it clear wjeher it was his own jizz or if he had to help himself to someone else's... Just curious...

As for Pure II, at the time I didn't even know Final existed so it made perfect sense to me. It was like Godflesh for advanced users...
blipseed
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:50 pm  Reply with quote

That was my own jizz Meho, I find it has just the right consistency. Sorry to disappoint. roll
versus_reality
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:42 am  Reply with quote

I think Pure II is the perfect ending for the cd, personally. I couldn't really picture it as a Final track either.