www.avalanchers.co.uk Forum Index

<  Avalanchers Discussion Board  ~  earache to release godflesh SOLAH/DUB DVDReply to topic  ~  {L_POST_
NEW_TOPIC}
nullwerk
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:33 pm  Reply with quote
BAKED BASH LASH MODE

from the prp:

Quote:

Earache are prepping to release a 2 CD/1 DVD set of Godflesh's "Songs Of Love & Hate"/"Love & Hate In Dub" on January 27th.

elrrek
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:34 pm  Reply with quote
Enemy of the SCHWANZ

BAWZ.

I expect this will be utter arse without the involvement of JKB, Benny and Brain and I can't see that happening.

Cynic, yes.

avocado diaboli wrote:
I fully suppotz this decision simply because beard.
froshaka
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:42 pm  Reply with quote

what would the DVD contain...Is it just "In All Languages" ?
nullwerk
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:45 pm  Reply with quote
BAKED BASH LASH MODE

elrrek wrote:
BAWZ.

I expect this will be utter arse without the involvement of JKB, Benny and Brain and I can't see that happening.

Cynic, yes.

well if the DVD contains both albums on that disk, there's the chance it will be remastered for the DVD encoding format. which, historically, brings this massive amount of instrument separation and headroom to the album, so it will sound... different.

much like refused's shape of punk to come dvd re-release. it sounded..... different....

JMA689
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:52 pm  Reply with quote
mode-wataaaaa

the DVD offers an interactive karaoke version of the album, and there is also the "sing with Digby" option on it. It's gonna be great.

Lemmy Kilmister wrote:
'In my life so far, I have discovered that there are really only two kinds of people: those who are for you, and those who are against you. Learn to recognize them, for they are often and easily mistaken for each other.'
iscariah
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:00 pm  Reply with quote
D.A.R. Johnson

JMA689 wrote:
the DVD offers an interactive karaoke version of the album, and there is also the "sing with Digby" option on it. It's gonna be great.
Ordered!

Twice!

klawful
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:09 pm  Reply with quote

JMA689 wrote:

Shocked Very Happy
Monotremata
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:20 pm  Reply with quote
bent on world D.A.R.mination!

nullwerk wrote:

well if the DVD contains both albums on that disk, there's the chance it will be remastered for the DVD encoding format. which, historically, brings this massive amount of instrument separation and headroom to the album, so it will sound... different.

Highly HIGHLY doubtable.
Its going to be one of the current 'Earache Classic' releases.
Come on now you know it dont mean shit to be 'encoded to DVD' if you didnt record the original tracks at 24bit/96khz in the first place.
Youre going to get the original 16/24bit 44/48k mix upsampled to whatever format they want to burn on the dvd.
And aint nobody gonna sit down and remix it properly. Digs just going to use the stereo master tapes, I bet he doesnt even hold the multitrack sessions.

Youre going to get the same old SoLaH/SoLaHID (probably in a dual case thats already broken on the stores shelves like Merciless/Selfless) and Dig's gonna throw in In All Languages as a 'bonus' just like Napalm Death's Utopia Banished and whatever Cathedral album they re-released that came with the Our God Has Landed DVD.

Dont get too worked up kids.. Its Dig's same old bullshit all over again.
Why not reissue a 'classic Godflesh release' while hes licensed out Streetcleaner and Godflesh to Kreation.. Better hurry and make another buck or two off every album he can while hes got the publics attention for a second..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
muttley
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:30 pm  Reply with quote

So what is the actual story of how Digs fucked JKB? Does JKB see anything from these re-releases? Confused
nullwerk
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:36 pm  Reply with quote
BAKED BASH LASH MODE

Monotremata wrote:
nullwerk wrote:

Highly HIGHLY doubtable.
Its going to be one of the current 'Earache Classic' releases.
Come on now you know it dont mean shit to be 'encoded to DVD' if you didnt record the original tracks at 24bit/96khz in the first place.
Youre going to get the original 16/24bit 44/48k mix upsampled to whatever format they want to burn on the dvd.
And aint nobody gonna sit down and remix it properly. Digs just going to use the stereo master tapes, I bet he doesnt even hold the multitrack sessions.

Youre going to get the same old SoLaH/SoLaHID (probably in a dual case thats already broken on the stores shelves like Merciless/Selfless) and Dig's gonna throw in In All Languages as a 'bonus' just like Napalm Death's Utopia Banished and whatever Cathedral album they re-released that came with the Our God Has Landed DVD.

Dont get too worked up kids.. Its Dig's same old bullshit all over again.
Why not reissue a 'classic Godflesh release' while hes licensed out Streetcleaner and Godflesh to Kreation.. Better hurry and make another buck or two off every album he can while hes got the publics attention for a second..

yeah, like i said, there's a "chance"... but i believe you're mostly right.

but i am assuming that the solah/lahid albums will be thrown together on one DVD, not additional bonus material - again, assumptions - but even that said, if the DVD is set to playback the same material in any other format other than stereo PCM (ie. if they try to pass the mix into 5.1, just to be cute), then there will be (somewhat) audible differences between the two media formats.

but again, more speculation as we have no idea what will be on that DVD.

nullwerk
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:40 pm  Reply with quote
BAKED BASH LASH MODE

oh the merchandising doesn't end with this re-release. check out what i picked up off the earache.com news feed:

ART GALLERY TO EXHIBIT RARE NAPALM DEATH AND GODFLESH ITEMS
For too long, the city of Birmingham, UK has failed to celebrate what is
rightfully theirs - to claim the city as the home of heavy metal. Now, 40
years after the term "heavy metal" was coined, it's time to start
celebrating!

The city of Birmingham has spawned arguably some of the most influential
bands of all time - bands who defined genres and influenced generations. To
celebrate this, art and music promoters CAPSULE are launching a new project
named "Home of Metal", with the aim of creating the first digital archive of
music, memorabilia and more, to tell the story of this city's unique musical
heritage.

Along with such legends as BLACK SABBATH, JUDAS PRIEST and LED ZEPPELIN,
EARACHE RECORDS' very own early signings NAPALM DEATH and GODFLESH will be
featured in this special tribute to metal and the place where it all
started.

"Home of Metal" will be launching at Wolverhampton Art Gallery on Saturday
25th October, from 10:00am to 4:30pm, where rare artefacts from the early
days of NAPALM DEATH's and GODFLESH's careers will be exhibited. Fans are
invited to come along with memorabilia and share their personal experiences
of the bands, all of which will go towards the new digital archive.

Further open days will take place on Thursday 6th November at New Art
Gallery in Walsall and Saturday 7th February at the Birmingham Museum and
Art Gallery. Each open day will be hosted by Kerrang! Radio DJ Johnny Doom,
accompanied by special guests from the music industry, and entrance for the
events is free!

For more information on "Home of Metal", head to http://www.homeofmetal.com

UK AND EUROPEAN PRESS MANAGER - TALITA
talita@earache.com
London office phone - +44(0)207 240 5002

USA PRESS MANAGER - ANTHONY
usapr@earache.com
NYC office phone - +1(212)840 9090

doomride
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:41 pm  Reply with quote
Lord Marcus Ironfist teh Twonk-bane

Another cash-in....

I hope I'm wrong but I believe the dvd will be worthless...because like it was mentioned in a previous post,t is highly doubtful there will be any input by the actual musicians who played on it...
Monotremata
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:13 pm  Reply with quote

Im tellin ya watch.. Its just gonna be In All Languages re-released.
Id almost bet on it..

He mentioned it in his blog last time someone asked about the out of print stuff and he went on explaining the 'Earache Classics' series..
Although he said they would probably do Streetcleaner, not Songs of Love and Hate..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
elrrek
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:49 pm  Reply with quote
Enemy of the SCHWANZ

nullwerk wrote:

The city of Birmingham has spawned arguably some of the most influential
bands of all time - bands who defined genres and influenced generations. To
celebrate this, art and music promoters CAPSULE are launching a new project
named "Home of Metal", with the aim of creating the first digital archive of
music, memorabilia and more, to tell the story of this city's unique musical
heritage.

The important bit here is the mention of CAPSULE. It's the Capsule girls who are behind this, the girls that organise Supersonic. Digbsy - I guess - has just picked up on it because of the mention of Earache and is looking to gain something from it, which is only to be expected I suppose.

The Capsule people deserve support though, they do lot's of good stuff.

avocado diaboli wrote:
god of xnoybis
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:57 pm  Reply with quote

muttley wrote:
So what is the actual story of how Digs fucked JKB? Does JKB see anything from these re-releases? Confused

in addition, and i apologize if this has already been answered, but does anyone know what jkb's response to this earache re-issue/kreation records bullshit is?
Monotremata
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:22 pm  Reply with quote

god of xnoybis wrote:

in addition, and i apologize if this has already been answered, but does anyone know what jkb's response to this earache re-issue/kreation records bullshit is?

Well were going by just about everything thats been said in the past about Earache and I doubt in the last year Dig is all of a sudden sucking Justin's dick wanting him to be a part of this money making venture..

No good mention of the name Digby Pearson has ever accompanied anything Justin or even Dave Cochrane told me, and in interviews well... Theres commentary Ive heard from another 'close personal' napalmer but well he can voice that on his own as hes here every now and then..

It really doesnt matter what Justin thinks about it in the long run. Dig is free to do whatever he wants with the Godflesh releases he still controls, just like he is with Napalm Death's Scum (and everything else up to Enemy of the Music Business), and most of the Scorn catalog.
He doesnt even have to so much as tell Justin or Benny that hes licensed three of their records to Kreation or that hes doing this double disc release.
Hes probably got some contractual royalty obligations he's supposed to be paying but whether that happens or not remains to be seen.

Whats the deal anyways.. Has Jesu regenerated that much interest in Godflesh that it required the repressing of two rather easy to find records and the whole SoLaH dvd thingy?? Or are there still people bugging him about it since 1993 or something and hes just now getting round to it?

I Don't Need God
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:23 pm  Reply with quote
Heretic

Will buy if JKB is involved. Other than that... PANTS!

As far as remastering or put the albums on DVD, I highly doubt that in 95/96 the original tracks are anything higher than 16bit/44.1k in which case upconverting them does nothing.

US AND THEM IN DUB NOW DAMMIT!!!!!!!! Yes I know it was never finished but a man can hope for something in life can't he?

Monotremata
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:44 pm  Reply with quote

I Don't Need God wrote:

US AND THEM IN DUB NOW DAMMIT!!!!!!!! Yes I know it was never finished but a man can hope for something in life can't he?

Yeah but I think hes got more than the two tracks we have heard...

pitt55
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:16 pm  Reply with quote

headline--a crazed group of fifty so-called "avalanchers" storm wolverhampton art gallery and make off with priceless artifacts. Wink
lewcrusher
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:28 pm  Reply with quote

ive never known a band to ever make a penny from earache, i remember once peter theobalds(ex akercocke) told me "earache should change their name to the digby pearson retirement fund" and " hes buying pizzas of our hard work".

andy has told me that nic has some strong words about dig but i'll let nic go into that on here if he wants to as thats his business.

I find it funny how dig aparently doesnt know andy and is quick to bury him as i was talking to lee from cathedral at an electric wizard show and lee was saying that he knew who andy was as an aquatience because lee used to sell his fanzines in the line, and like lee said if dig was aparently mates with justin and nic he would have bumped into andy at the mermaid at least once. but lee did say that dig has a "selective memory.
stevetrash
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:40 pm  Reply with quote

I Don't Need God wrote:
As far as remastering or put the albums on DVD, I highly doubt that in 95/96 the original tracks are anything higher than 16bit/44.1k in which case upconverting them does nothing.

Did they record digitally at the time, or were they using analog tape?

I want an MFSL Godflesh SACD collection!!!
I Don't Need God
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:48 pm  Reply with quote
Heretic

All digital since Selfless.

stevetrash
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:53 pm  Reply with quote

I Don't Need God wrote:
All digital since Selfless.

Ahh, thanks... at least I can still have hope for the "good stuff." Smile
avocado diaboli
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:30 am  Reply with quote
Darth Tedious

Monotremata wrote:
I Don't Need God wrote:

Yeah but I think hes got more than the two tracks we have heard...

No, he hasn't. I asked him a few years back and he told me the only two tracks he ever finished were the ones on "In All Languages". He fumbled around with a few more but they didn't work out like he wanted to.

www.lusca.de
http://lusca.bandcamp.com
https://www.facebook.com/luscaofficial
24skidoo
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:35 am  Reply with quote

lewcrusher wrote:
ive never known a band to ever make a penny from earache, i remember once peter theobalds(ex akercocke) told me "earache should change their name to the digby pearson retirement fund" and " hes buying pizzas of our hard work".

andy has told me that nic has some strong words about dig but i'll let nic go into that on here if he wants to as thats his business.

I find it funny how dig aparently doesnt know andy and is quick to bury him as i was talking to lee from cathedral at an electric wizard show and lee was saying that he knew who andy was as an aquatience because lee used to sell his fanzines in the line, and like lee said if dig was aparently mates with justin and nic he would have bumped into andy at the mermaid at least once. but lee did say that dig has a "selective memory.

To be fair to Digby, he/Earache weren't into any 'Industrial' type stuff back then so I don't think my musical tastes at the time (TG/Swans etc.) would've been on a par with the sort of stuff he was into. I don't remember ever meeting him at any gigs at The Mermaid but, there again, it was nearly 25 years ago!

Nic's stated on here in the past that he didn't make a penny out of 'Scum' which, considering he wrote/co-wrote half of it, is a bad state of affairs.

Nicholas Bullen
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:53 am  Reply with quote
Whatever it is, I'm against it...

This is a fairly awkward topic really for a number of reasons...
but if it is being discussed, we may as well discuss it...

I have never received any royalties from 'Scum': there are a number of reasons for this...

The group themselves (possibly with the encouragement of Dig and the people around him) deliberately downplayed my (and Justin's) involvement in Side 1 of 'Scum'...
Beyond a cursory comment on the album cover about Justin and I "playing" on Side 1 of the album, we received no recognition for the lyrics and music which we wrote for Side 1...
As a result, it seems inevitable that there would be no royalties as a result of sales...

This was compounded by (as far as I know) Mick Harris selling the publishing rights to my lyrics and music without giving me any credit for them or any monetary reimbursement...He also did this for Jim Whiteley's lyrics from Side 2 of 'Scum' (which was one of a number of reasons for Jim Whiteley ceasing to be a member of the group)...

In this sense, Dig is not to blame (although he was aware of this, and - from what I know of his character - would probably have encouraged it)...When money started to become a possibility, a lot of people in the early 'scene' became very seduced by the avenues which it opened up and fully embraced them - in this sense, Dig is not alone...
I have also been led to believe that Justin struck deals regarding money from 'Scum' at a later date during the time he was signed to Earache: however, this may just be an unfounded rumour...

As an aside, the band simultaneously continued to play the material which we wrote (which they still continue to do today, including using titles such as 'Death By Manipulation') without referring to its provenance...
In the case of Side 1 of 'Scum', I wrote all of the lyrics (with the exception of 'Polluted Minds' which was written by Justin - who also provided the vocal for that track on the album), wrote all of the music to 'Multinational Corporations', 'Sacrificed' and 'Siege of Power', and contributed to the music of 'You Suffer'...Justin and I alone wrote all of the music and lyrics to Side 1 of 'Scum'...
The group also continue to use the name, the original 'stick' logo and the ND symbol which were designed by Miles and I in 1981...

I have to set all of this in context by saying that I have never made any active steps (such as a legal challange) to claim any kind of payments...for a number of reasons:
- I didn't begin to create (whether it be music or anything else) out of a desire to be famous, to be rich or to make a 'career'. I began creating as a pre-teenager and since then my sole focus has been on expression and creativity (which - I feel - can be compromised by other concerns such as money)...As a result (of some semi-twisted logic) it ultimately doesn't matter to me if I receive payments or not: if I am to be aggrieved, it would be by people's actions and attitudes rather than by any issue related to money...
- As a person, I am not driven by money. I have always taken the attitude that life is for living and that I will get by one way or the other. In this past, this has led me to some lows, but that is to be accepted as part of that attitude...In the present, I earn a very satisfactory living working on something which I enjoy, and all of my creativity can exist without what I see as a compromise: it's a choice I made...Conversely, I have no time for musicians who bemoan their lack of finances because they made the choice to attempt to make a living through playing music - you make your choices, you reap the consequences...
- I also feel that an obsession with money tends to only impact negatively on you yourself, so it wouldn't have been useful to me to generate any kind of bitterness over that...

Regarding Scorn - as far as I am aware, the revenue generated by Scorn in terms of royalties at the time of my departure was still being used to recoup 'Advances' (in line with the contracts). I do not know the situation since that time, but I have never received any payments which may have been generated from income made after full recoupment...
Once again, the context is that I have never made any active efforts to obtian any payments...and - in the interest of balance - I was given a substantial 'Advance' upon signing a 3 album contract with earache in early 1995: I did not return any of this 'Advance' nor provide any of the 3 albums I had been contracted for, so I think Earache have every right to recoup this money from royalties from previous Scorn releases...

On a similar note to that raised in relation to Napalm Death, my involvement and role in the creation of the music and lyrics of Scorn ion the first 3 albums has been somewhat downplayed after the fact (despite the shared songwriting credits): this culminated (for me) in the release of the second Scorn Peel Session on Invisble Records which was sold to Invisible without my knowledge, from which I received no payment, and which does not give due credit for the provenance of the music and lyrics...

In the interests of balance, that Dig is not an 'artist' - he is a businessman...and his actions are entirely in line with the structure which he works within (utilising a capitalist model to exploit product). He has also never (to my knowledge) stated that he was an 'ethical' businessman...which would also apply to musicians related to this story...
A case in point would be the recent 'Scum' DVD. Earache wished to make a very lucrative object with which to 'celebrate' the anniversary of the album, and - in their urge to make as much money as possible - gave me an insulting option in relation to being involved: I could do it for nothing "as this project is all about the history and getting that down, not about the money" (I paraphrase). I was aware that I didn't really want to give up my time in order to make Earache more money from my creativity, so I told them I would only do it for a fee: they suggested £100 which was finally upped to about £200 which felt rather insulting becasue of the sentiment behind it. After discussion, Justin and I agreed that we would not take partr in the project at which point my wife jokingly suggested that I inform Earache that I would be in the DVD on condition that they paid me at the same rate per hour as the Consultation fee for my work (which would be multiplied by the number of hours in the shooting), which I did: they would not agree to that so I informed them that I did not wish to be involved...
It's a relatively good (and representational) example of how the overall 'mindset' at Earache operates and also how this 'mindset' affects the material they produce: in this case, their desire to make profit outweighed the potential investment necessary to deliver a quality piece of work, which resulted in a DVD which was critiqued in the press and on forums across the Internet as being threadbare, flimsy and lacking in depth or insight...

After all that, I have to say that I don't really like raking over this kind of thing: these events occurred in the past (some time ago), and I effectively viewed Napalm Death as a completely different band after I left the group. I was much more interested in my studies at the time because they seemed to provide a far more interesting avenue to explore....
I have also structured the way I live so that I no longer have any contact with any of the aforementioned people (or people similar to them) which ensures that their lives do not connect with mine, which makes me very happy if I think about it...

On a much more upbeat note, the 'Home of Metal' project is the Capsule grannies project: the Capsule girls love their Metal (they've been putting on concerts since their teens in the early 90's) and this project is definitely a 'labour of love' at heart...For them, any relevant artefact will add to the usefulness of the resource...It should provide an interesting record and resource in relation to both Pop Culture and Social History...

There is indeed (as Andy points out) no reason why Dig should know who Andy is: Dig was never interested in or knowledgeable about 'Industrial' music (for want of a better snappy term), and did not know about the existence of Final until later in the 1980's...
The most pertinent thing here is: Iroha album soon on Invada...
Wink

Last edited by Nicholas Bullen on Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total

golem
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:02 am  Reply with quote

that was a very nice and a strange readin...thnx Mr. Bullen!!

lewcrusher
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:23 am  Reply with quote

you have to wonder about his personality as a businessman when his own friends from home Sabbat( who he used to go to hardcore and metal shows with) signed to noise rather than going anywhere near earache, seems as if they knew what he was really like.
lewcrusher
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:29 am  Reply with quote

andy, peter theobalds told me to tell you to ask fat paul for his contact details. hes already part of the invada family(gonga/blood island raiders/crippled black phionex) and a bad ass bass player.
Nicholas Bullen
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:34 am  Reply with quote
Whatever it is, I'm against it...

I wish I could have given the Iroha bassplayer spot the time and focus it deserves...
but I know Andy will get the right person soon...

elrrek
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:35 am  Reply with quote
Enemy of the SCHWANZ

This thread is quality. Nic's post about "ethics" and "business" is brilliant and Lew's nugget about Sabbat is fantastic.

Shame Sabbat ended up with Noise - going by Tom G Warriors accounts - the German earache!

Last edited by elrrek on Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total

avocado diaboli wrote:
avocado diaboli
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:42 am  Reply with quote
Darth Tedious

From all I've heard Noise was indeed the german earache.

Nic, that was avery interesting read. Thanks. I have to say, hats off to the integrity with which you followed your artistic career over the years.

www.lusca.de
http://lusca.bandcamp.com
https://www.facebook.com/luscaofficial
lewcrusher
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:43 am  Reply with quote

Nicholas Bullen wrote:
I wish I could have given the Iroha bassplayer spot the time and focus it deserves...
but I know Andy will get the right person soon...

pete is a fucking monster, anyone whos seen gonga and blood island raiders will testify to this. biggest basstone your ever going to hear.
Josh
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:56 pm  Reply with quote
Owt and Abowt

Nic-- If it's any consolation, no one here-- and definitely not me-- downplays your contribution to those first 3 Scorn records. Here's hoping for Evanesence 2!!!

I Don't Need God
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:57 pm  Reply with quote
Heretic

lewcrusher wrote:
biggest basstone your ever going to hear besides Dave Curren from Unsane.

Fixed that for you... Wink

Monotremata
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:48 pm  Reply with quote

I Don't Need God wrote:
lewcrusher wrote:
biggest basstone your ever going to hear besides Dave Cochrane from Head Of David.

Fixed that for YOU! Wink Wink

Monotremata
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:50 pm  Reply with quote

stevetrash wrote:

Did they record digitally at the time, or were they using analog tape?

I want an MFSL Godflesh SACD collection!!!

MUHAHAHA!! MUHAHAHA!! x 10000!!!!!

Ill put it next to my Who and Cream ones haha!!

But yeah like IDNG said, digital since Selfless which I think was a Tascam DA-88. I remember reading a blurb in Guitar World around the time Us and Them came out and he was raving about using Cubase and a Mac by then.
Now hes mister Logic Pro..

I Don't Need God
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:54 pm  Reply with quote
Heretic

Monotremata wrote:
I Don't Need God wrote:
lewcrusher wrote:
biggest basstone your ever going to hear besides that Benny guy from Monotramata.

Fixed that for YOU! Wink Wink

Fixed again. Wink Wink Wink

Monotremata
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:07 pm  Reply with quote

Dude you shouldve heard us last night! First practice in like a year and half NO DRUMMER. It rocked. This weekend were even getting a new bass rig (same as a certain beach boys loving brummie)..

Oh yeah.

Nicholas J Bullen=most punk rock mother fucker ever.
Thanks for the clarification.

Downplaying Scorn though?? Mr Harris even makes it known what a great half of the duo you were.. For me half of that wall of sound are those throbbing dub bass lines. Theres no fucking way you can listen to Colossus or Evanescence and not notice the NANG power there.. Dont even get me started on Deliverance..

I dont think I realized who the 'Nik and Justin keep your heads together' people were mentioned in Scum until about the time Selfless or Songs of Love and Hate came out.. I got Colossus about that time (95 or so) and shortly after found godflesh.com (remember when it was at a ny university url??) and then figured out they started Napalm Death.

HATRED SURGE=TRVE
HARMONY CORRUPTION=FASLE

lewcrusher
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:00 pm  Reply with quote

Interesting fact the only band ever to make money off earache was carcass, basically between symp... and necro they were unsigned and monte conner tried to grab them for roadrunner digby heard about this shat himself and started paying carcass a retainer and royalties.